Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flakey, flakey!

Hello boys and girls, it's your old pal Kustombart.

Ready for another episode of Kustombart's Special Paint?

Today's lesson involves an old Sporty tank. Two points for the student who can guess what kind of bike it's been mounted on in the past.
You can see part of the design Michiel (the owner) sketched on the side with a marker.
It's a bit dented and rusty and has been repaired and repainted several times before, judging by the numerous layers of filler and paint. It's not coming off, however, so I am gonna use it as a base to add even more filler and paint.

I sprayed a dark blue base before I taped off the design, making sure it is exactly the same on both sides of the tank.

Then I sprayed the panels in silver.
And then several layers of light blue flakes, mixed in a clear.
It needs to dry now. Tomorrow I will add some more clear, then drying again. After that, I will play with kandy to create several shades of blue.

Tune in next time to learn more about Kustombart's Special Paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment