Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Revenge of the Haunted House

Here's another update on the haunted house.
Last ime, I started the side panels by taping cracks in the ground. This week, I continued by putting in some detail with a custom-made template (piece of cardboard I cut with scissors).
I then used white and pearl white to make it look like there is a glowing light coming from inside the cracks. I'll have to go over that with yellow, orange and red kandies to make it look like lava. My apprentice Martijn finished the night sky and added a glow over the mountains.




I forgot to bring all my Kandy kolors so the lava will have to be finished next week.
I then turned my attention to the center section, designing an impossible staircase, like the one MC Escher drew.
Here's my version (or the rough outlines, anyway).
We also mounted one of the top panels, to see if the eye was lining up with the piramid. It was, and I finished the cloud around the eye. Next week, I'll paint lightning, coming out of the cloud and do outlines and sahding on the stairs, dooropenings, windows, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the end-result.
    Up till now, looking good!
    It screems for a bit off PAIOS here and there, haha

    ReplyDelete