Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An eye for an eye.

Some more airbrushing today.

I started by taping off an area in the night sky. It will become the centre of the design, right above the piramid. I will paint an eye, right in the iris is a hole, behind that is a smoke machine, special effects!

Drew an outline on the tape and cut that part out, then started with light green.
I used dark green to create some shadows.
Then I taped that shut and opened up the eyeball, to paint that with pearl white, followed by kandy yellow and some transparant black, for shading. Next I'll use inca gold kandy for the middle.
Using transparant black I sprayed some lines.
pulling the tape and adding some more black.
Using a fine brush, I painted the teeth...
Then I shade them with black, taped off the entire eye and with a light grey, added some shine.

The eye is the centre of a thunder cloud, but I can only finish that when the top part is mounted again.
It will appear right above the piramid in the centre.
Next job is to finish the side panels, which feature a desert with cracks in the earth, showing lava glowing underneath. I finished taping one side, next time I'll tape up the other side and start painting again.
Trouble is, I've got other work to do, as well. So I won't be able to continue for 1,5 weeks.

Until then, See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment