Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

El Disastro flakes.

Yesterday I left the Puch frame and cockpit in tape and late in the night I thought about some final alterations in the detail of the design. This morning I changed those details and went a-flakin'.

First I sprayed the exposed areas in a coarse silver metallic and peeled off the tape.
Then everything got some coats of clear with Metalflake Microglow silver mixed in. Followed by some heavy coats of clear.

Next week, I will sand and add more coats of clear, with some of this Aztec Gold original seventies Candy Concentrate from my secret stash.

Spraying the transparant candy will make a bright gold on the silver groundcoat and a darker, richer gold on the black groundcoat.

For now: happy holidays and I'll be back in the shop monday the 28th. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment