Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kustom Korner

As you may know, I'm about to start a new adventure in Kustomland. It's a collaboration between bike builder Short-Cut, Ledsled Customs and myself. I have been really busy getting the showroom ready for the opening on sunday, august 28th. Here's an impression.

It started off as an empty part of the Short-Cut showroom.

I laid some checkered vinyl on the floor, put in a nice sofa and chairs, some used racks etc. All in red, black and white with 50's styling cues.



Next, I started building a counter, cause we couldn't find any nice ones that fit the needs of the shop for sale anywhere. I made a rough sketch and took some measurements.
I started by building a wooden frame.
 The I made the top, painted it balck and upholstered the sides with red velvet fabric. I mounted chrome tubing around the edge, to get a 50s diner look.
It turned out really good. The whole shop has got the right atmos. Now it's up to the owner of Ledsled europe to dress the shop further and we're opening on august 28th!




No comments:

Post a Comment