Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

.........................................................

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tow, tow, tow yer boat...

or trailer, or something.

After an epic battle between man and machine, I have finally installed my towing hook.

I bought this thing from Addie's Autoshop (he dismantled many a van, mainly Dodge, lots-o-parts there, some vintage stuff, too). It came from a more recent model Dodge van and it looked as though it would fit perfectly. Once my rear bumper was off and I tried to fit it under there, it turned out not to fit.
I had to take it apart, test fit, adapt and weld together again. My cheap-ass welder quit, I had to  repair that, then minutes later, it ran out of wire, @#$%^&*(!!

But I always win in the end. It may take a while and a lot of bad words leave my mouth but victory is mine!
Even the rear bumper fits over it!
Now I will be able to take a motorcycle on a trailer to the Bottrop Kustom Kulture show, next weekend. Be sure to check that out and visit me at my stand.
See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment